Do I Need a Root Canal Los Angeles, CA
At Nobel Dental, patients ask, “my tooth hurts, do I need a root canal?” Toothaches can be terribly inconvenient. They make it difficult to eat, speak, or even function. As a family dentist in Los Angeles, CA, we realize that a common toothache is something most people can live with until it suddenly turns a corner and becomes unbearable. The key is to visit our dental office at that initial stage before you reach the point of severe discomfort. This will give you the largest amount of options for how to treat the problem. To schedule an appointment with our family dental office, call (213) 769-4750.
If you are wondering, “my tooth hurts, do I need a root canal?” the answer is – not necessarily. We know that your tooth could hurt for several reasons, including:
Food is stuck in between your teeth or in between the ridges on the chewing surfaces of your teeth.
You could have a cavity.
Your tooth could have been chipped or cracked.
You may be suffering from enamel erosion.
In these scenarios, we can treat the problem without needing to perform a root canal. For example, we can clean your teeth and remove any food particles causing discomfort. If you have a cavity, we can remove the decay and place a filling at our family dentist office. This is done quickly and is far less invasive than a root canal. Simultaneously, if your tooth is chipped or cracked, we can restore it using dental bonding or dental veneers. If you are dealing with erosion, you may need dental crowns to protect your teeth. We also restore teeth on a daily basis and have several ways of doing so.
However, there are many times where a root canal is the right treatment option, so to answer the question, “my tooth hurts, do I need a root canal?” we must also look at the surrounding circumstances.
How long has your tooth been hurting?
When you visit our dental office in Los Angeles, CA, we need to know how long you have been dealing with this issue and whether the pain came on suddenly or if it has built up over time. This will help us in determining what the source of the discomfort is and what our treatment plan needs to be.
What level of pain are you in?
At Nobel Dental we regularly ask patients about their pain and whether or not it is manageable. If it is only slight discomfort, you may be able to visit our Los Angeles dentist practice and have tooth decay removed. In many cases, a toothache is caused by a cavity that can be treated without the need for a root canal. However, we find that intense pain can often be due to an infection severe enough to warrant a root canal.
Check out what others are saying about our root canal support services on Yelp: Do I Need a Root Canal Los Angeles.
HELPFUL RELATED LINKS
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
ABOUT OUR BUSINESS, LICENSE, AND WEBSITE SECURITY
- Nobel Dental was established in 1974
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Los Angeles County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Los Angeles, Hancock Park, Beverly Hills, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Studio City, Mid-Wilshire, Miracle Mile
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Do I Need a Root Canal