What Do I Do If I Damage My Dentures Los Angeles, CA?
If you have dentures, it is important to handle them with care so they can remain in as good a condition as possible. Still, it is wise to ask, “What do I do if I damage my dentures?” We can offer the information and tools necessary to address a problem if you have one. At Nobel Dental can answer any questions you have regarding denture care. To schedule an appointment with our dental office, call (213) 769-4750. In the meantime, here is what you should know.
“What do I do if I damage my dentures?”
If your dentures are damaged, visit our dental office so we can examine them and determine the best way to fix them. One thing you should keep in mind is that your dentures will need to be adjusted one or several times when you first receive them. Patients may call our family dentist office worried that they did something to cause their dentures to fit incorrectly, when in actuality, they only need to be adjusted so they can fit perfectly.
We are an emergency dentist, so if you did indeed damage them, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with our dental practice right away. You can do so by calling 213-769-4750.
Home Care Tips
You should never try to fix your dentures on your own since this can cause the damage to spread. However, there are certain things you can do at home before heading to the dentist, including:
- Gather anything that has broken off. We encourage you to gather any piece of your dentures that has broken off, including any of the wiring.
- Use dental wax. If the clasps have become slightly loose, they could be rubbing against your gums and irritating them. In this case, you may want to buy dental wax to place on the wire as a temporary barrier. Be sure to see a “dentist near me” who can treat you quickly.
- Take them out. Soak your dentures or place them in a case for transportation to our office. Do not continue wearing damaged dentures.
Check out what others are saying about our damaged denture support services on Yelp: What Do I Do If I Damage My Dentures in Los Angeles ?
Warning: Do Not Do This If You Damage Your Dentures
Nobel Dental warns patients to avoid doing the following, since this can permanently damage dentures and reduce the likelihood that they can be repaired.
- Do not buy a home repair kit. These can cause your dentures to break even further, and we have treated patients who have had to spend more money because of it.
- Do not use over-the-counter glues. Some of them are full of chemicals that can harm you. It is not worth the risk when you can visit our dentist office for help.
HELPFUL RELATED LINKS
ABOUT OUR BUSINESS, LICENSE, AND WEBSITE SECURITY
- Nobel Dental was established in 1974
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Los Angeles County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Los Angeles, Hancock Park, Beverly Hills, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Studio City, Mid-Wilshire, Miracle Mile
Back to top of What Do I Do If I Damage My Dentures