Oral Cancer Screening Los Angeles, CA
At Nobel Dental, we encourage you to schedule an oral cancer screening today. If you have not yet taken this life-saving measure, you should. Oral cancer is a disease not frequently discussed. There are few, if any, advertising campaigns, walks, or fundraisers supporting its treatment. Still, oral cancer claims one life every day in the United States. The reason for the high mortality rate is that most people do not seek medical help until the cancer has advanced. As with all forms of cancer, early detection and treatment are critical to the ability to be cured. Therefore, the sooner you know that you are at risk for cancer or are developing signs of it, the better your chances are of beating it.
Is it common to have an oral cancer screening?
Unfortunately, no. Most people never have an oral cancer screening, and this is why the cancer is not detected at an early stage. At our Los Angeles, CA dental practice, we suggest that you visit us for a screening right away if you have never received one. Otherwise, you can generally have this done bi-annually. If you live in or near the 90020 area, call (213) 769-4750 to schedule an appointment with our office.
What does an oral cancer screening entail?
At Nobel Dental, we will look for signs of abnormal tissue. Typically, we will see visible symptoms like red and white bumps, hard lumps, rough patches, or changes in the position of your teeth. Much of the screening is done visually. However, Dr. Nobel will also feel your cheeks and the inside of your mouth while wearing gloves. This is to identify whether or not you have any strange or hard lumps within this tissue. Remember, oral cancer can impact all areas of the mouth, so the examination must be thorough. Since technology is constantly improving, we may use other testing resources when you come in and will be happy to discuss the process with you when you visit our 90020 dental office. We guarantee that the test is gentle and that you should feel comfortable during it.
Check out what others are saying about our oral cancer screening services on Yelp: Oral Cancer Screening Los Angeles.
How frequently should I have an oral cancer screening?
We recommend that you visit our Los Angeles, CA dentist office for your first exam. Based on your risk factors and what we see, we will let you know how frequently you need an examination. If you are a high-risk patient, we may suggest annual screenings.
HELPFUL RELATED LINKS
- American Dental Association (ADA). Glossary of Dental Terms. 2015
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry® (AACD). Home Page. 2015
- WebMD. WebMD’s Oral Care Guide. 2015
ABOUT OUR BUSINESS, LICENSE, AND WEBSITE SECURITY
- Nobel Dental was established in 1974
- We accept the following payment methods: American Express, Cash, Check, Discover, MasterCard, and Visa
- We serve patients from the following counties: Los Angeles County
- We serve patients from the following cities: Los Angeles, Hancock Park, Beverly Hills, Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank, Studio City, Mid-Wilshire, Miracle Mile
- Healthgrades. View Background Information and Reviews
- Website Safety Ratings and Reputation – AVG Threat Labs. View Details
- Norton Safe Web. View Details
- Trend Micro Site Safety Center. View Details
Back to top of Oral Cancer Screening